Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Estherville, Iowa

Estherville is an average sized town in Iowa. (Being in Iowa average sized town means small to most places) Estherville is a sports involved community giving support to all sports at all levels. For the most part everyone knows or recognizes everyone else because it is a close community. Yeah a lot of people want to leave right out off high school who doesn't but truly most wouldn't mind if they stayed or even never left. Estherville is a great place even though I am bias I truly think Estherville is ok. Because of all that i think the people in Estherville would say for most part that their happiness scale is around a 6,7, or 8 depending on the day. (using a scale 1-10 with 10 being the happiest)

5 comments:

  1. Your post makes me wonder, Gable, whether different age groups in Estherville would rate their happiness differently. Also, I wonder if people leave the town but then come back later to raise their kids? Several people have told me that they have done that with Storm Lake--so they enjoyed getting away after high school, but they also realizes what a great place it was after they left and were glad to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Harlan, IA, and everyone is very supportive of all of the athletics, whether it's youth sports and the way to the high school level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that people probably want to leave right out of high school. I know that was the case with my dad and after he was done with high school he ended moving back and settling down there. People usually want to get away from home and see other states or other places of living and, in the end, find out that they want to come back to where they grew up and raise a family there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being from Council Bluffs I know what its like being in an average sized town, but it seems like your community is close like a small town, which is really cool. People in Council Bluffs are or I should say can be completely ridiculous, in a way that made me want to move out of there, but it's also nice living next to a big city like omaha because its like a mini 2 minute drive get away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty much how my hometown is too. All the older people loved living there but the high school students always complained about having nothing to do and wanted to get out of Le Mars.

    ReplyDelete